What Is a Good Persuasive Essay Topic: 3 Pointers to Help You Pick the Best One
A persuasive essay is one that your instructor will ask you to write to show you how to take a topic and prove it to your audience. Your goal is to persuade your audience to believe your side of the issue. The best topics to choose for persuasive essays are issues that are controversial. Controversial issues have as many people who support the cause then those who oppose it. This will give you plenty of information that you can use for either side.
To find the best persuasive topic, you should follow these three pointers:
Choose a topic that you feel strong about
It is easy to persuade someone to believe in a topic that you feel strongly about. For example, if you believe that there are no circumstances where someone should get an abortion. You believe that it is not a woman’s choice and that killing your baby even when it is just a fetus is wrong. You believe that even a woman who gets pregnant as a result of getting raped should be forced to continue the pregnancy. If you can agree to all of these statements, than you strongly believe in the topic and this would be a great topic to use. In this case, there is no grey area. You either believe abortion is wrong or you believe it is right.
Choose a topic that interest you
You can feel strong about an issue but it may not interest you. For example, if the only thing you can come up with for your claim on abortion being wrong is that you don’t believe in it, then it doesn’t interest you. You have to choose a topic that you are interested in and passionate about. It should be a topic that you would stand outside and picket for or go to war for. Persuasive essays need passion.
Provide three solid reasons
You want to choose a topic where you can provide at least three solid reasons why you are for or against the issues. For example, if you choose to write that you are against abortion, you would want to be able to tell three reasons why you are against it. These reasons will become your body paragraphs.
Choosing a topic for your persuasive essay is needs to be taken seriously. It can only be successful, if you write it about something that moves you.
- Hamlet essay sample
- High quality essays to buy
- 10 descriptive essay topics
- Veterans: argument essay prompts
- Evaluation paper topics
- Manhattan Project essay sample
- How to conclude your essay bright
- Narrative essay writing tips
- Writing on mass media
- Topics for 8th grade essay
- Essay about ocean - cool tips
- Female body image: essay sample
- How to write the essay main body
- Expository essay writing schemes
- Speed essay writing
- How to use an essay sample
- Sample on The Role Of Music...
- Five paragraph essay structure
- Hiring a professional writer
- Finding a narrative paper sample
- Informative explanatory paper tips
- Essay topic sources best for you
- Introduction and conclusion writing
- Improving your essay writing skills
- Writing an A+ expository essay
- Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde essay sample
- Essay examples using